It continues to pour so they asked for more...
The Zoo staff have been so happy with our all-volunteer-constructed rain shelters that they asked for 10 more units!
HELP OUR RINGED-TAILED LEMURS...
... and get a lemur of your own!
Find out more...
Web Lesson Instructor Guides
Web Lessons make it easy to explore the exciting world of animals, basic biology, conservation, and other topics by touring some of the best sites on the Web. These unique online lessons are excellent for classrooms or home school, in Hawaii or anywhere.
Let the Zoo help you and your students achieve your academic goals. Web Lessons helps instructors plan a web curriculum that supplements, supports and enhances a trip to the Zoo. Each lesson includes a comprehensive Instructor’s Guide with additional web resources and ideas for extension activities, study questions, and vocabulary. Web Lessons work well for individual and whole-class learning. Best of all, there’s nothing to configure, nothing to install. All you need is a current Web browser and plenty of curious young minds.
- Animals Everywhere (K - 1st)
- Fascinating Animals (K - 1st)
- Animals - Vertebrates (Gr 2 - 3)
- Animals - Invertebrates (Gr 2 - 3)
- Exploring Animals (Gr 4 - 5)
- Classifying Animals (Gr 4 - 5)
- The Places Where Animals Live (Biomes Intro)
- Life- Deal with It (Adapting within a Biome)
- Threats (Human Impact to Various Biomes)
- Structural Adaptations
- Behavioral Adaptations
- Animals Adapt to their Habitats
- Plants Adapt to their Habitats
- A Trip Around the World
- Conservation and Preservation
- American Alligator
- Black Rhinoceros
- Cane Toad
- Galapagos Tortoise
- Jackson Chameleon
- Spider Monkey
- White Handed Gibbon
- African Wild Dog
- Animal Communication Word Search
- Bird Watching
- Design a Zoo
- The Earths Gifts
- Fur, Feathers & Scales Word Search
- Interdependance Web
- Komodo Dragon Quiz
- Lion Quiz
- Products Beware
- Puao Puppet
- Sacred Lehua
- Tiger Quiz
- Vocabulary List
- Zoo Animal Report